Matthew Harrup's RTW trip

Friday, December 06, 2002

Going Diving

I'm now in Ko Tao (Turtle Island) just off Ko Pagn Nagn(lets-get-plastered-every-full-moon island). I'm just about to start a PADI open water diving course - 4 days, 100 pounds (inc. accomodation). The water is really clear out here, there are coral reefs you can snorkel to, the islands a bit of a mess though. Still, I'll be spending 4 days in the water! If I don't come back, I'm probably shark food. Or impaled on coral.
I've now seen Die Another Day and Harry Potter 2 on "DVD", I'm not entirely sure they're legit.

King's Birthday
It was the King's Birthday yesterday, lights up everywhere, free haircuts, the bars stopped serving beer as a mark of respect - aparantely, its one day you should actually be good on. I even had a tuk-tuk driver undercharge me when I was in a hurry in torrential rain. Now I've seen everything.